- Stabilise the stone lintel over the entrance within the South gable
- Repair the three stone arches within the South gable
- Repair the overhanging stonework within the West gable wall (inner elevation)
- Repair the stonework in the North East corner of the North gable
- Repair the stonework in the East gable (inner elevation)
....we would only proceed immediately with 1. and 2., these being the ones which Brian was most anxious about.
By stabilising the stone lintel, we will enable access through the entrance which Highland Council, as owners of the site, has blocked off as unsafe, and by repairing the stone arches we ensure that they do not fall down in the near future.
It was agreed that no further work would be carried out until there is agreement within the community about the future of St Comghan's.
West Ardnamurchan Community Development Company and the Ardnamurchan Archaeology group thank all those who came along on a very wet night for a full, frank and very constructive discussion.