As I read it - and I'd be grateful if someone would correct me if I'm wrong - this means that our District Nurses will continue to work out-of-hours if they have to attend a patient who falls into one of these two categories but not if the patient is a 999 emergency.
- We had a strongly supportive article on page 2 of yesterday's Press & Journal, here, which quotes extensively from the public statement made by our two GPs - many, many thanks again to Dr Colebrook and Dr Topham.
- The Oban Times carried a front page article in today's edition - preview here - again featuring our GPs' statement.
- Please, if you have the time, write to both these papers giving your personal views on our situation. Email the P&J at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Oban Times can be contacted at PO Box 1, Oban. PA34 4HB, or at email@example.com.
- Charles Kennedy has taken up our case with NHS Highland.
- Dave Thompson, MSP, has spoken to Tracy Legema of NHS Highland and is awaiting a response from her.
- We are tremendously grateful to those of you who have written personal letters to either Alex Salmond or Nicola Sturgeon or both. There's still time to do this - a downloadable template for a letter, which can then be edited in Word, is here.
- A reminder to all local residents that the Community Council is holding an emergency meeting on Monday night at 8pm in Kilchoan Community Centre.