Last Saturday's blog entry, which included a photo of a steel fence post set into rock on the north side of Druim na Gearr Leacainn, attracted a comment which suggested that these posts were raised some time between 1890 and 1940. We find them all over this end of the peninsula. This one serves a modern purpose in helping to hold up a more recent fence to the east of Druim an Scriodain. In the distance is the Isle of Eigg.
The steel post will probably still be standing long after the newer fence has fallen.