Thursday 28 May 2015

Pat's "Thank You!"

From Pat Glenday:
I wanted to say a very big thank you to everybody who came to my “retirement” do yesterday. It was a wonderful way to mark the end of my tenure as Learning Centre Manager in Kilchoan. I also wanted to thank the organisers and all the bakers for the lovely spread, and especially Sue Cameron for my fantastic personalised cake. And what generous presents I received too, so thoughtful and so apt!

I do want to repeat a little of what I said yesterday… The reason the Learning Centre has been so successful, over the last few years, is because of all the help and support I’ve received from local people. All sorts of help: everything from dead lambs for the lambing course, to venues for classes, to dishwashing, right through to teaching and lecturing. Finally, I have to thank all the students who have completed, or are working towards their degrees and HNCs for making my life so interesting, and everybody who has come along to the short courses, classes and talks for filling in all that paperwork! Dale Meegan, who has already started work as my replacement, has great ideas for the future including a summer programme of classes. She’ll be in touch with everybody soon with the details.

It has been a pleasure and a privilege doing my little bit for the wonderful community of West Ardnamurchan.

No comments:

Post a Comment