Corrievullin is a deserted clachan. The tiny settlement was cleared in the years around 1828, its houses destroyed, and its people moved to other clachans - the Swordles, Ormsaigbeg. Its name means corrie or hollow of the mill, so the best way to reach it is to walk down the stream beside which the mill once stood.
We did this walk on a bright March day, ideal walking weather with the sun out and a cool north breeze. We left our car near the silage bales at Caim (see map at bottom of this entry), crossed the bridge, and followed the east bank of the stream. The sides of the small valley are covered in thick stands of oak, hazel and silver birch, and they become increasingly steep, with some fine waterfalls, so its best to keep to the east of the deer fence.
The dark feature running across the bottom right is a stone wall. It's beautifully built, but it wasn't built by the inhabitants of Corrivullin but by the man who subsequently kept the sheep run at Mingary, because the villagers were cleared to make way for a large sheep farm.
An interactive map of the area is here.
The walk is on Ardnamurchan Estate land. There are often cows and sheep in these fields.