Friday 22 April 2016

An Early April Holiday

It's always good to publish photographs taken by visitors to this beautiful part of the world, and to hear stories of the events they enjoyed while staying here. Jamie Roy has sent these pictures taken at the start of April, and describes how, while at Sanna, he saw....

....an otter feeding from the rocks during a stormy day. Jamie says, "It was my first sighting and while risking my camera to the elements I felt had to take some photos.

"The otter returned to the rough seas several times and always returned quickly with a catch, though of what I could not determine. A couple of seabirds later joined him to tidy up. Some time later I saw another, or possible the same otter, further round the bay.

"The weather was kinder during a trip up Ben Hiant, just before sunset, with fantastic views in all directions and was even....

"....more dramatic on a day I spent up Beinn Resipol, where I watched the rain and snow moving in across the landscape."

Many thanks indeed to Jamie for words and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment