This post is the first of what may become a series covering the seventeen scheduled monuments of Western Ardnamurchan - see the list here.
PastMap, which is the best way of finding known archaeological and historical sites. It gives access directly to sites recorded by Historic Environment Scotland ('Historic Scotland' until recently) and to Highland Council's Historic Environment Record, which also lists and describes sites.
At either end of the facade there was a standing stone, of which only one (5), which is broken to a stump, remains - this is hidden by grass in the photo. It is easily found on the site as it is the only stone on the east side of the farm track, which runs almost exactly north-south beside it.
The area on the northwest side of the facade (6) was a large mound of rock which covered the cist. In front of the portal stones (7) lay a flat area in which one assumes is where the people attending ceremonies stood.
A later building (8) is shown as roofed in the 1872 Ordnance Survey map, though there is some suggestion that it may have had an earlier use as a chapel. As can be seen in the top photograph, it sits beside a man-made mound, which has not been explained.
There are two other Neolithic chambered cairns on West Ardnamurchan, Greadal Fhinn in Ormsaigmore and Cladh Andreis at Swordle, both also scheduled monuments, but there may also be another found by the Raptor near Mingary Castle.