Sunday 24 February 2013

Tonia Thain

Tonia Thain, who did so much to care for the local hedgehog population and was the subject of many Diary entries, died very suddenly on Saturday morning.

Tonia loved animals - she is seen here on the right being treated by West Ardnamurchan Emergency Responders after being bitten by an unappreciative horse - but she also had many friends in this community.  She worked as a carer for many years, and people will also remember her when she worked in the Ferry Stores.

The world is a much poorer place without her.  Our deepest sympathies go to husband Tony and daughter Selina.


4 comments:

  1. How very sad.
    What a shock for the family and friends.
    A great loss to the community.

    I so enjoyed hearing about all she did for the hedgehogs of Ardnamurchan.
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply saddened to read of Tonia's death. Her family and all of the greater Ardnamurchan community are in my thoughts. As a recent discoverer of the Diary which I am avidly reading, current and past, post by post, I feel to have come to know many of the community members through these writings. Safe journeys to all of you.
    Jim Robinson, Putney, VT, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of Tonia's death, we stayed with Tony and Tonia many years ago and will not forget their warm hosipality.
    I too have enjoyed the wildlife notes in the Diary, my daily read before the newspaper.
    J B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad to hear of Tonia's death. I enjoyed working with Tonia at the Ferry Stores and I know the village will miss her. My sympathies to Tony.

    ReplyDelete