Tuesday 8 January 2013

Camouflage

Many thanks to Jim Dempster for this photograph of a fence-post and some wild Ardnamurchan countryside, but look closer....

....because he was being watched!

Jim writes, "When I was up in Kilchoan at the end of October last, I was out at the point on the 21st. When returning from the Lighthouse, about 100 yards from the turning circle at the entrance to the lighthouse property and going towards Grigadale, what I took as a roe deer ran across the road in front of me. I stopped the car, got out and immediately took a photo of it. Unfortunately by the time I fitted my telephoto lens it was up and away before I could get a close-up shot.  I attach the original photo and a enlargement of the centre of it."

Jim sent the pictures to the Diary after seeing Kilchoan Early Bird's report of roe deer beyond the Estate boundaries.

Many thanks, Jim, for the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. It`s a nice picture, but that`s a red deer calf, and if you look at the top left of the first picture, the hind is xtanding watching proceedings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There no way that's a red deer it's a doe for sure .

      Delete