Monday 10 March 2014

Tree Creeper

From the Raptor:

I took these pics yesterday on my walk through the village. It has taken me forever to get a shot of a tree creeper.  I have seen them on lots of occasions but they stay very elusive by scampering around to the opposite side of the tree from where you are standing.

This scampering up trees - a strange thing is they never scamper down trees! - has earned them the very appropriate name of tree mouse.

So I was delighted to get some shots of this bird which was happy to stay in the same place.  As you can see it was munching away on little grubs that thought they were safely tucked away in the tree's cracks and crevices.

This song thrush accompanied the viewing with some wonderful singing, a sure sign that spring is just around the corner.

Many thanks to the Raptor for story & pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment