Like most clachans, the dwellings, byres and other domestic and agricultural buildings were located on some of the rockiest, and therefore least agriculturally valuable, of the land - marked on the picture above by the green ellipse. From a distance, the buildings are almost impossible to distinguish except, just beyond the wall that runs right-left beyond the field, there is one house which may have continued in use, possibly occupied by one of the shepherds employed on the sheep farm created after the clachan was cleared in 1828.
In all we found, mapped and briefly described eight buildings and a couple of enclosures, as well as the large enclosure. There's much more to be found - but next time we'll visit on a warm, sunny and dry day.
Many thanks to Dave Kime for his company.